CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

These are a Few of My Unfavorite Things...

So you already know how much I dislike goody bags. And balloons. And Sharpies. And anything of that nature that either a) destroys my house, or b) destroys the peace and goodwill amongst my little ones. This past week (and actually all in one very mischevious day) we added a few more culprits to the list:

1. packing peanuts





2. baby powder


3. shampoo

Funny thing is, all of the above happened in about 2 hours, with Tanner as the prime instigator. Here's my guess at the dialogue--

Tanner (while I'm doing dishes): Hey guys! Mommy got a big box in the mail and it's full of little white fluffy things. Lets smash them all up and make snow . . .

Tanner (a half hour later, while I'm shop-vac'ing up a blizzard of crushed packing peanuts): Hey guys! I know another way to make snow! Mommy got some new baby powder at Target, and I figured out how to take the lid off . . .

Tanner (another half hour later, while I'm distracted on the phone talking to Uncle Dan the ER Doc about the possible dangers of baby powder inhalation and wondering how to fix the shop-vac for another round of action): Hey guys! Since Mommy won't let us make snow and made us get in the tub, let's be Santa Claus! Turn the water back on, 'cause I got Mommy's new bottle of shampoo and I figured out how to take the lid off . . .

Several days and several cleanings later, we still have shampoo sludge in the tub, baby powder mist in the guest room, and tiny pieces of packing peanuts that stubbornly refuse to be picked up or vacuumed. Good times!

I can only imagine what else will be contraband in our household by the time the triplets make it to kindergarten!

6 comments:

Julie K said...

So was I complicit in this with Tanner? Because either these things HAD JUST HAPPENED or they WERE happening while I was on the phone with you. I remember them first person. Sorry for the mess, if it was partly due to me, but I still would have stayed on the phone :)
Yes. Packing peanuts. Same problem here, although not so much.....quantity. What were the peanuts protecting, uranium? I cannot image why any rational person would be compelled to use that much of the stuff.
Powder: I cannot even recognize Sydney! That is Syd, right?
Shampoo: This happened recently here too (notice how we have similar mishaps--and all of my kids involved (except Tommy) are OLDER than T and the girls? The shampoo slime takes a while to disintegrate.
Please take my advice and keep a tight hold on any large tubs of Vaseline and hair wax. Just call me the "voice of experience".

TNIRYAN said...

Oh, boy, we don't use baby powder anymore! And you've got me good and scared about continuing to use packing peanuts and shampoo! I'm also wondering if the nail polish that I collected in college but no longer use and am now wondering why I still hold on to is in a secure spot.

Your kids obviously caught the "24-hour destruction flu." I've heard that's been going around . . . since the dawn of time. Please don't let them anywhere near my children while they have it. Nothing personal, I just don't think their immune systems are strong enough.

kelly said...

kel, just FYI since they like to get into things you know about the baby oil right? don't have it anywhere where they can get to it! otherwise it's kinda funny, i know not on a daily basis! do they think they have done a good thing when you grab the camera and say smile!!? love it!!

Anonymous said...

I can relate to the story a bit but you have your handsfull for sure!!

Mindy said...

I tagged you on my blog Kelly - so maybe inbetween car trips you can do it or maybe you can get a laptop and mobile device and do it on the go!

Brittany said...

Bailey totally looks like a crazy homeless man in the bathtub pic! Love ya,

Travis